Buck is a build system developed and used by Facebook. It encourages the creation of small, reusable modules consisting of code and resources, and supports a variety of languages on many platforms.
Why Buck?Buck can help you and your team in many ways:
- Speed up your builds. Buck builds independent artifacts in parallel to take advantage of multiple cores on your machine. Further, it reduces incremental build times by keeping track of unchanged modules so that the minimal set of modules is rebuilt.
- Add reproducibility to your builds. Buck only uses the declared inputs, which means everybody gets the same results.
- Get correct incremental builds. Buck looks at the contents of your inputs, not their timestamps to figure out what needs to be built. As a result, incremental builds should always be correct, so there's no need to perform a clean build.
- Understand your dependencies. With
buck query, you can better understand your dependencies and what is required to build your product.
- Integrate with your IDE. With
buck project, your project can be better understood by your IDE, making you and your team more productive.